Dreamdump

no words / no talk / we'll go dreeeeeeeeaming...

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Cribbage

Apparently Cribbage is a very popular game in the United States, although it does not have a high profile in Britain, where it is widely assumed to have been invented. I have never played it before in my life, until last night. In my sleep. Uh, yeah.

For the uninitiated, it's a card game which uses a wooden pegboard for the purposes of scoring and looking cool and intimidating. I was the uninitiated. I have no damn idea what I was doing, but I appeared to be holding my own.

I was playing against a big African woman with a head-dress who appeared to have six fingers on each hand, but she shuffled her cards constantly and I found it impossible to keep count. Another problem was that each time I placed a peg in the pegboard, it made the sound of a different musical chord. This didn't happen for my opponent, which was also highly distracting. I was probably putting the pegs in the wrong way up or something.

I think the holes in the pegboard represent lifestyle decisions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home